Sunday, August 8, 2010

a thank you and some quotes to live by

Wuuld just like to say thank you to those who have been following this blog. Got a message the other day from a buddy of mine telling me about how I've inspired him to pursue what he truly wants to do in his life. Hope it all works out for him in that way and for everybody else I know...Couldn't be more stoked for Tahoe.
In the meantime, here's some quotes to live by that I've referred to from time to time. Enjoy.

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. And you're not your fucking khakis." Tyler Durden, Fight Club

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time." Tyler Durden, Fight Club

“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

“Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost

“I thought about the adventure I could embark upon, and let the thought of it dance around in my head for most of that day. Then, I looked around my room. This isn’t home anymore, this is just a place to rest my head and keep my things. It was at that point in time that I realized; it’s time to get back on the road.”

"When a dream takes hold of you, what can you do? You can run with it, let it run your life, or let it go and think for the rest of your life about what might have been."

"The ideal life is in our blood and never will be still. Sad will be the day for any man when he becomes contented with the thoughts he is thinking and the deeds he is doing--where there is not forever beating at the doors of his soul some great desire to do something larger, which he knows that he was meant and made to do."

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
--Leonard da Vinci


No comments:

Post a Comment